BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE
We want all children to ‘be the best they can be’ and to leave school as self-motivated learners who have confidence, in their ability to work hard towards what they want from life
At Congerstone Primary School we talk about Building learning Power.
How does Building Learning Power work?
Building Learning Power helps children to;
- Feel confident in their learning
- Develop resilience
- Think harder
- Challenge themselves more
- Find learning more enjoyable
- Learn faster, learn better
- Do better in external examinations
- Develop life-long learning
- Be the person they aspire to be
How do we support and challenge all children?
Sometimes for children to maximise their learning power they may need a little more support and challenge. This could be practice, pre or post teaching sessions or working with an adult in the classroom or outside of lessons within a small group or pair.
What happens if my child is still finding aspects of school difficult?
- Sometimes a child may have a specific learning difficulty which requires additional support please see our SEND page for more information
- We also have an Emotional Literacy Support Assistant. An ELSA is a specialist teaching assistant with a wealth of experience of working with children. An ELSA is a warm and caring person who wants to help your child feel happy in school and to reach their potential educationally. Their aim is to remove the barriers to learning and to have happy children in school and at home. ELSAs are trained and regularly supervised by the Educational Psychologists from the Local Authority. Miss Coombes is our ELSA. Please see our ELSA page for more information